May 24, 2013
May 24 -- The IEEE TCSC annual young achievers in scalable computing award recognizes up to 5 individuals who have made outstanding, influential, and potentially long-lasting contributions in the field of scalable computing within 5 years of receiving their PhD degree as of January 01 of the year of the award.
Nominations: A candidate may be nominated by members of the community. An individual may nominate at most one candidate for this award. Nomination must be submitted online via EasyChair at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=yasc13. A nomination application (as a single PDF file) should contain the following details:
• Name/email of person making the nomination (self-nominations are not eligible).
• Name/email of candidate for whom the award is recommended.
• A statement by the nominator (maximum of 500 words) as to why the nominee is highly deserving of the award. Note that since the award is for outstanding contributions, the statement and supporting letters should address what the contributions are and why they are both outstanding and significant. The nomination should also list the names and email of up to 3 persons who will provide letters supporting the nomination.
• CV of the nominee.
• Up three support letters from persons other than the nominator – these should be collected by the nominator and included in the nomination.
• Nomination Deadline: June 01, 2013
• Results Notification: August 01, 2013
Award Selection Committee: The award selection committee will consists of:
• David Abramson, University of Queensland, Australia
• Satoshi Matsuoka, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
• Manish Parashar, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA (Chair)
Note that members of the selection committee cannot be nominators or provide support letters.
Award & Presentation Note: Awardees will be presented a plaque and will be recognized by IEEE TCSC in its website, newsletter and archives. The awards will be presented at the SC13 conference that will be held in Denver, CO, USA during November 17-22 2013. Details of the conference can be found at http://sc13.supercomputing.org/.
For more information, please send email to email@example.com.
10/30/2013 | Cray, DDN, Mellanox, NetApp, ScaleMP, Supermicro, Xyratex | Creating data is easy… the challenge is getting it to the right place to make use of it. This paper discusses fresh solutions that can directly increase I/O efficiency, and the applications of these solutions to current, and new technology infrastructures.
10/01/2013 | IBM | A new trend is developing in the HPC space that is also affecting enterprise computing productivity with the arrival of “ultra-dense” hyper-scale servers.
Ken Claffey, SVP and General Manager at Xyratex, presents ClusterStor at the Vendor Showdown at ISC13 in Leipzig, Germany.
Join HPCwire Editor Nicole Hemsoth and Dr. David Bader from Georgia Tech as they take center stage on opening night at Atlanta's first Big Data Kick Off Week, filmed in front of a live audience. Nicole and David look at the evolution of HPC, today's big data challenges, discuss real world solutions, and reveal their predictions. Exactly what does the future holds for HPC?