Data center owners and vendors of all sizes – and from all countries – encouraged to submit case studies of innovation in energy productivity and resource efficiency
NEW YORK, N.Y., Oct. 3 – Uptime Institute, a division of The 451 Group, today announced that it is now accepting applications for its 2013 Green Enterprise IT (GEIT) Awards in recognition of projects, ideas and products that significantly improve energy productivity and resource use in IT. The GEIT Awards are open to applicants in all countries. Award winners will be celebrated and invited to present case studies of their cutting-edge innovations at Uptime Institute Symposium 2013 in Santa Clara, CA on May 13-16, 2013.
“Uptime Institute Symposium has been a driving force for progress in Green Enterprise IT – challenging the largest data center operators in the world to deal with runaway energy consumption, making IT energy efficiency a C-level issue, and granting the industry’s highest honor for corporate IT sustainability,” said Matt Stansberry, Program Director of Uptime Institute Symposium 2013. “The GEIT Awards bring together the best minds from around the globe to share knowledge and discuss how the digital infrastructure community can meet its collective goals of performance, availability, energy efficiency, and profitability.”
Uptime Institute’s GEIT Awards, now in their sixth year, are judged by an international committee of independent experts in a double-blind review process. The 2013 application forms and categories reflect an increased emphasis on converged digital infrastructure, cross-disciplinary collaboration, and improved resource efficiency in energy, water, and carbon use.
This year’s GEIT Award categories are:
• Facility Design - Innovation - Cutting-edge data center designs that focus on energy and resource efficiency.
• Facility Design - Implementation - Cutting-edge data center projects that demonstrate energy and resource efficiency in a new, operational data center.
• Facility Retrofit - Data center facility retrofit projects that significantly improved energy and/or resource efficiency in an existing data center.
• IT Retrofit - Projects in which IT operations staff significantly improved energy and/or resource efficiency while improving IT effectiveness.
• Facility Product Deployment - Facility infrastructure products that significantly improve data center energy and/or resource efficiency, as demonstrated in a user deployment.
• IT Product Deployment - IT products that significantly improve energy and/or resource efficiency, as demonstrated in a user deployment.
• Green Digital Infrastructure Strategy - Exceptional energy and resource efficiency beyond an individual data center.
• Audacious Idea - New, unprecedented ideas for realizing energy and resource efficiency that are not commercially available in the IT and data center industries.
Organizations from 20 countries participated in last year’s Awards program, and six countries were represented among the honorees. Past winners of GEIT Awards include AOL, Bell Canada, Capgemini, Dell, eBay, Facebook, Hewlett-Packard, Helsingin Energia, Itaú, Kaiser Permanente, NTT Communications, Savvis, Schneider Electric, Tieto, and Verizon Wireless.
· Digital Infrastructure Investment, Finance and Business Strategy.
· Data Center Management and Operational Excellence.
· Data Center Design Innovation.
About Uptime Institute
Uptime Institute provides independent thought leadership, certification, education and professional services for the global digital infrastructure industry. It serves all industry stakeholders, including enterprise and third-party data center owners and operators, manufacturers, service providers and engineers. Through Uptime Institute Professional Services, Uptime Institute delivers due diligence assessments and Certifications of site infrastructure and site management in accordance with the Tier and Operational Sustainability Standards.
Uptime Institute is a division of The 451 Group. Headquartered in New York, with offices in key locations, including San Francisco, Washington DC, London, Boston, Seattle, Denver, Sao Paulo, Dubai and Singapore, The 451 Group also owns 451 Research, a leading technology-industry syndicated research and data service focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation.
Source: Uptime Institute