REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., July 2 -- Cloud adoption is on the rise across many industries as organizations are seeking the agility benefits inherent in cloud computing. However, private and public cloud service providers are not able to take full advantage of cloud because of inefficiencies in IT management. Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Release 3 addresses these challenges with new enhancements for managing infrastructure, middleware, and applications, allowing IT service providers to be more agile while further reducing the costs and complexity of their cloud and enterprise IT environments.
- Further extending its leadership in cloud computing, Oracle today announced general availability of Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Release 3.
- Now available for download, the release introduces unique capabilities for deploying and managing business applications in an enterprise private cloud, such as Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), enhanced business application management, and integrated hardware-software management for Engineered Systems such as Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c R3 fully supports Oracle Database12c, including new multitenant capabilities.
- In addition, Oracle announced enhancements to the Oracle Enterprise Manager Extensibility Exchange and Oracle PartnerNetwork ecosystem for Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Join Oracle for a webcast on July 18, 2013 to learn more about Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c R3. More details here.
Enhanced Management Capabilities for Cloud Environments
The new Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Release 3 capabilities are concentrated in key areas for fast growing enterprises looking to scale their IT environments:
- Richer Management for Cloud and Engineered Systems
- Simplified Oracle Exadata Database Machine management with pre-created plans for resource management and support for multi-rack configurations helps administrators easily scale from managing a single Oracle Exadata machine to racks of multiple machines.
- New management capabilities for Oracle Exalytics support both virtual and physical deployments and provide productivity tools for administrators including guided discovery, a personalized software dashboard, routing topology and vCPU usage reporting.
- The consolidation planner tool has been extended to support Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, allowing customers to vet plans to consolidate their Java workloads on Oracle Exalogic using automated workflows.
- The chargeback capability has been extended to support custom metrics, enabling better accountability and resource planning.
- Platform-as-a-Service can be delivered transparently on physical and virtual platforms, providing faster provisioning and application lifecycle management to Java developers.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager snapclone combines the benefits of self-service database deployment with copy-on-write technology, enabling instant database cloning with substantial savings in storage.
- Support for Oracle VM 3.2.3 enables users to import Guest VMs, leverage iSCSI multi-path and manage Oracle VM clouds in multi-NIC environments, helping to reduce operational complexity and improve productivity for cloud administration teams.
- New Change Activity Planner helps administrators plan, execute and report on long running automation processes.
- Expanded Middleware and Application Management Capabilities
- An enhanced management console allows for managing Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle GlassFish Server and Oracle Tuxedo from a single pane. By taking advantage of a common platform for performance management, process control and configuration management, administrators can reduce the time and effort in managing rich, large scale Oracle Fusion Middleware environments.
- Administrators can now patch several Oracle WebLogic Server domains in a single operation. In addition, administrators can identify whether targets have missing properties or unsupported configurations, and provide recommendations on resolving the issues found.
- Enhancements to Oracle CRM provide better database diagnostics and configuration compliance for Siebel environments, significantly simplifying management of large-scale deployments.
- Application Replay's application testing and diagnostics capability now includes comprehensive performance analysis of user sessions. These new capabilities provide invaluable tools for faster diagnosis of performance issues and testing of live or pre-production environments.
- Expanded Ecosystem
- Developed by Oracle and Oracle Partners, the Oracle Enterprise Manager Extensibility Exchange now offers a catalog of over 125 Enterprise Manager extensions, including Plug-Ins and Management Connectors.
- In addition, more than 600 Oracle System Integrator and Reseller partners have reached Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized status for Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Efficiency Gains through Enhancements to the Underlying Management Framework
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Release 3 also helps improve administrator productivity through enhancements to the system dashboard, security console, administrator entitlements, incident manager, metric extensions and auditing framework.
- The new Jython-based Command Line Interface (CLI) scripting capability enables administrators to script and automate complex tasks across heterogeneous IT environments as well as enhance Oracle Enterprise Manager's integration with third-party management orchestration tools.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle, visit www.oracle.com.
Source: Oracle Corporation