June 11, 2012
PALO ALTO, Calif., June 11 — The cloud is not a one-size-fits all proposition. For instance, a public platform-as-a-service (PaaS) provides instant provisioning without the typical upfront infrastructure costs. By contrast, a private PaaS may offer greater control and more deployment flexibility, particularly for larger enterprises. Chris Haddad, WSO2 vice president of technology evangelism, will join other cloud experts at Deploycon 2012 to debate these and other PaaS deployment issues. The enterprise PaaS conference, organized by Rishidot Research, is being held June 13, 2012, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York.
Hosted PaaS Vs Private PaaS
Enterprise IT developers want the flexibility to innovate today in the public cloud, as well as tomorrow in private and hybrid cloud environments. As they determine their roadmaps, they will need to weigh-in on a range of considerations. The "Hosted PaaS Vs Private PaaS" panel, which runs 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on June 13, will bring together cloud technology and deployment experts to address such questions as:
· Will the private versus public question be determined purely by who runs the show at a company, e.g., the developers or IT?
· Do customers care about being locked into a specific deployment topology, location, cost structure, and responsibility matrix?
· What cloud services are required to embrace heterogeneity, bridge silos, and deliver a unified hybrid cloud?
· Are hybrid clouds a "weasel answer" or the correct compromise? Or is the best answer a portable PaaS that can run on-premise or on public hosted infrastructure with no differences?
· What was the hardest lesson learned so far in delivering cloud services, and what are the biggest barriers? Are vendors offering enough simplicity when supporting complex requirements and use cases?
Chris Haddad, WSO2 vice president of technology evangelism will serve as a panelist for the "Hosted PaaS Vs Private PaaS" session. He is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) and PaaS veteran, who has been advising Fortune 500 companies and charting a vision toward "Cloud 2020," both in his current role and as a former research vice president at the Burton Group and Gartner. His PaaS evaluation guide can be downloaded at: http://wso2.com/casestudies/selecting-a-cloud-platform.
Leading the session will be moderator Sam Charrington. As analyst and founder of CloudPulse Strategies, he works with technology executives to help create and execute strategies that cut through the noise and drive understanding and adoption. Other panelists will include:
· Bart Copeland, president and CEO of ActiveState Software
· John Willis, vice president of client service and enablement at enStratus
· William Platt, vice president of operations at EngineYard
· Chris Tacy, marketing director at AppFog
About Deploycon 2012
Deploycon 2012 is a one-day enterprise PaaS conference organized by Rishidot Research. Deploycon features keynotes from industry heavyweights, panel discussions comprised of vendors and enterprise buyers as well as demonstration and lab sessions. The conference showcases PaaS as a credible option for enterprises and provides attendees with a flavor of what is available in the market today. Complete details are available at http://www.deploycon.com.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today's heterogeneous enterprise environments — internally and in the cloud. WSO2's service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.
10/30/2013 | Cray, DDN, Mellanox, NetApp, ScaleMP, Supermicro, Xyratex | Creating data is easy… the challenge is getting it to the right place to make use of it. This paper discusses fresh solutions that can directly increase I/O efficiency, and the applications of these solutions to current, and new technology infrastructures.
10/01/2013 | IBM | A new trend is developing in the HPC space that is also affecting enterprise computing productivity with the arrival of “ultra-dense” hyper-scale servers.
Ken Claffey, SVP and General Manager at Xyratex, presents ClusterStor at the Vendor Showdown at ISC13 in Leipzig, Germany.
Join HPCwire Editor Nicole Hemsoth and Dr. David Bader from Georgia Tech as they take center stage on opening night at Atlanta's first Big Data Kick Off Week, filmed in front of a live audience. Nicole and David look at the evolution of HPC, today's big data challenges, discuss real world solutions, and reveal their predictions. Exactly what does the future holds for HPC?