April 28, 2011
SUNNYVALE, Calif. & YOKNEAM, Israel, April 28, 2011 -- Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX) (TASE: MLNX), a leading supplier of end-to-end connectivity solutions for servers and storage systems, today announced record revenue for its first quarter 2011, ended March 31, 2011.
First Quarter Highlights
* Revenues were $55.1 million
* GAAP gross margins were 65.2 percent; non-GAAP 68.8 percent
* GAAP operating loss was ($1.7) million; non-GAAP operating income was $9.1 million
* GAAP net loss: ($1.6) million; non-GAAP net income $9.2 million
* GAAP net loss per diluted share: ($0.05); non-GAAP net income per diluted share $0.24
* $13.6 million in cash provided by operating activities
* $93.3 million in total cash and investments at March 31, 2011
* Closed acquisition of Voltaire, Ltd. on February 7, 2011 for $214.0 million. First quarter results include Voltaire results for the period from February 7th to March 31st
In accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), the company reported revenue of $55.1 million, up 35.3 percent from $40.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2010, and up 52.0 percent from $36.2 million in the first quarter of 2010.
GAAP gross margins in the first quarter of 2011 were 65.2 percent, compared with 71.8 percent in the fourth quarter of 2010 and 75.1 percent in the first quarter of 2010.
Non-GAAP gross margins in the first quarter of 2011 were 68.8 percent, compared with 72.0 percent in the fourth quarter of 2010 and 75.3 percent in the first quarter of 2010.
GAAP net loss in the first quarter of 2011 was ($1.6) million or ($0.05) per diluted share, compared with net loss of ($0.5) million or ($0.02) per diluted share in the fourth quarter of 2010 and $5.2 million or $0.15 per diluted share in the first quarter of 2010.
Non-GAAP net income in the first quarter was $9.2 million, or $0.24 per diluted share, compared with $7.7 million or $0.21 per diluted share in the fourth quarter of 2010, and $10.4 million, or $0.29 per diluted share in the first quarter of 2010.
The first quarter 2011 non-GAAP net income results exclude $4.3 million of share-based compensation expenses compared to $3.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2010. It also excludes amortization of acquired intangible assets of $2.1 million and other acquisition related charges of $4.4 million, both associated with the acquisition of Voltaire, Ltd. on February 7, 2011.
Total cash and investments were $93.3 million at March 31, 2011. The company generated $13.6 million in cash from operating activities during the quarter.
“We are pleased with the post-merger integration of Voltaire and Mellanox which contributed to our record revenues for the first quarter,” said Eyal Waldman, chairman, president and CEO of Mellanox Technologies. “Our industry-leading end-to-end connectivity products continue to show growth and adoption by leading, worldwide server and storage OEMs as well as end-users. We are also poised to deliver our next generation FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand and 40GbE products which will add to our market and performance leadership position.”
Recent Mellanox Press Release Highlights
* April 25 – Mellanox Introduces SwitchX with Virtual Protocol Interconnect Technology; Industry’s First 56 Gb/s InfiniBand and 10/40 Gigabit Ethernet Multi-Protocol Switch Silicon
* April 19 – TIBCO, Arista Networks, Dell, and Mellanox Technologies Team Up to Provide Financial Markets with Extreme Low-Latency Messaging Solution
* April 6 – Mellanox’s Performance-Leading ConnectX-2 10GigE NICs and Mezzanine Cards Now Available through IBM
* March 14 – Mellanox Delivers Industry’s Highest Performing, End-to-End Ethernet Connectivity Solution
* March 14 – Blekko Selects Mellanox 10 Gigabit Ethernet to Provide Superior Performance Search Infrastructure
* February 16 – Mellanox Storage Accelerator Wins Silver Medal Award in Storage Magazine ‘Product of the Year’
* February 7 - Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. Completes Acquisition of Voltaire, Ltd.
Mellanox will broadcast its first quarter conference call at 2 p.m. Pacific Time (5 p.m. Eastern). To listen to the call, dial 877-831-3840 approximately ten minutes prior to the start time.
Mellanox will also conduct a conference call on Thursday, April 28 at 9 a.m. Israel Time to discuss the company’s first quarter 2011 financial results in Hebrew. To listen to the call, dial +972-3-9180610 approximately 10 minutes prior to the start of the call.
The Mellanox financial results conference call will be available via a live webcast on the investor relations section of the Mellanox website at http://ir.mellanox.com. Access the web site 15 minutes prior to the start of the call to download and install any necessary audio software. An archived webcast replay will also be available on the Mellanox website.
Mellanox Technologies is a leading supplier of end-to-end InfiniBand and Ethernet connectivity solutions and services for servers and storage. Mellanox products optimize data center performance and deliver industry-leading bandwidth, scalability, power conservation and cost-effectiveness while converging multiple legacy network technologies into one future-proof architecture. The company offers innovative solutions that address a wide range of markets including HPC, enterprise, mega warehouse data centers, cloud computing, Internet and Web 2.0.
Founded in 1999, Mellanox Technologies is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California and Yokneam, Israel. For more information, visit Mellanox at www.mellanox.com.
10/30/2013 | Cray, DDN, Mellanox, NetApp, ScaleMP, Supermicro, Xyratex | Creating data is easy… the challenge is getting it to the right place to make use of it. This paper discusses fresh solutions that can directly increase I/O efficiency, and the applications of these solutions to current, and new technology infrastructures.
10/01/2013 | IBM | A new trend is developing in the HPC space that is also affecting enterprise computing productivity with the arrival of “ultra-dense” hyper-scale servers.
Ken Claffey, SVP and General Manager at Xyratex, presents ClusterStor at the Vendor Showdown at ISC13 in Leipzig, Germany.
Join HPCwire Editor Nicole Hemsoth and Dr. David Bader from Georgia Tech as they take center stage on opening night at Atlanta's first Big Data Kick Off Week, filmed in front of a live audience. Nicole and David look at the evolution of HPC, today's big data challenges, discuss real world solutions, and reveal their predictions. Exactly what does the future holds for HPC?